Sway is a California biomaterials startup harnessing the power of seaweed to create compostable replacements for single-use plastics. We are focused on developing and scaling high-performance, seaweed-based, thin film LDPE replacements. Sway's technology drops into traditional plastic infrastructure, while simultaneously replenishing ocean health, sequestering carbon, promoting regenerative materials, and ultimately creating a more inclusive climate movement.
We are excited to expand our supply chain team and bring on a highly motivated individual with a strong operational and startup background. This role is highly cross-functional, involving coordination across a number of teams within Sway, including supply, product, and operations. You’ll gain exposure to all parts of the business while driving manufacturing and converter relations. Successful candidates will have a passion for packaging and the principles of the circular economy. Exceptional analytical skills and communication skills are vital, and a balance of getting the details right while still moving fast is important!
• Build relationships with packaging converters and drive timelines in order to propel product development and launch.
• Stand as the point of contact for our manufacturing and conversion network, leading negotiations to create high-performing partnerships with attention to cost and IP.
• Identify opportunities for manufacturing cost savings and deliver plans for how to capitalize on those opportunities to drive cost down long-term.
• Advocate for customers by ensuring our solution can be seamlessly integrated into their existing supply chains.
• Work closely with product development to ensure manufacturing needs are met and that the necessary resources are available based on development timelines.
• Lead cross-functional S&O planning to ensure sales/demand/marketing initiatives align with production and inventory management.
• Support the optimization of our supply chain funnel from first to last mile including but not limited to sourcing, procurement, conversion manufacturing, inventory management and distribution/delivery.
• Collaborate with the Sway team to determine the most appropriate systems and methodologies for measuring and reporting on KPI's, customers, inventories and logistics, set a baseline and continually measure and drive to success.
• Serve as subject matter expert for supply chain systems and business processes. Research leading practices and determine required steps to implement best in class functionalities.
Preferred: A Masters Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, and/or Engineering with at least 3 years of supply operations, sourcing experience.
Minimum required: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, and/or Engineering with at least 5 years of supply operations, sourcing experience.
• Experience in films, flexible packaging, and/or masterbatch manufacturing industry
• Leading successful S&OP initiatives.
• Using ERP to execute demand planning and inventory management.
• Knowledge and experience integrating supply and demand management tools into early-stage supply chain models.
• Startup experience and/or experience scaling activities and operations.
• Contract drafting and negotiation.
• Clear and informative written communication, effective presentation of numerical data.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to make competent, independent, decisions in a timely manner to ensure excellent progress on projects and assigned tasks.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple and or changing priorities with minimal supervision.
• Experience with blown film supply chain / compounding / packaging
• General understanding of sustainability and life cycle assessments.
• Prior experience in a high performing environment like a startup or a top-tier strategy consulting firm.
• Spanish speaking
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
• Opportunity to play a key role in a seed stage Berkeley-based startup with massive growth potential
• Excellent fixed salary + equity package
• Ability to own major parts of an innovative supply chain strategy that will contribute to a healthier planet
• An incredible team to support you
• Medical + Dental Health Insurance
• Relocation Support
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested persons should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Supply Operations Lead Application - Your Name.” In the message please include the name of your favorite sea creature along with an attached cover letter and resume/CV.